List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] download image names
From:       Matthew Jacob <mjacob () feral ! com>
Date:       2002-09-29 21:07:39

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> Larry McVoy writes:
> > In preparation for the upcoming bk-3.0 release I'm trying to clean up the
> > download image names.
> >
> >     OLD					NEW
> >     x86-freebsd2.2.8.bin		same (can we drop this release???)
> >     x86-freebsd3.2.bin			same (ditto)
>
> AFAIK hardly anyone is using these releasaes anymore, so I think you
> can safely drop them. They're no longer officially supported by the
> FreeBSD project anyway.

Actually, some number of non-FreeBSD.org users of FreeBSD are still
2.2.X based. How many of them actually would use BitKeeper is hard to
estimate, but probably very small.

> >     x86-freebsd4.1.bin			same (should we just ship stati
> > c?)
>
> An excellent idea ! Then the binaries should (with the compat_4x stuff)
> run on just about any fairly recent version of FreeBSD. I know I can still
> run old binaries from around 4.1 on -current.

[ actually, there's currently some massive breakage in -current about
this because of some KSE commits, but that should be fixed soon ]

Still, I think I'd agree that 4.1 is a good base for bk. Keep in mind
that the damned place for sendmail.cf keeps shuffling around, so make
sure that stuff where you grovel thru sendmail.cf checks both
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf and /etc/sendmail.cf.