List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] How do I fix this?
From:       Harlan Stenn <stenn () whimsy ! udel ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-27 6:05:55

So ntp-dev is the parent of ntp-dev-ipv6.

The time has come for me to "merge" these two repos.

I figured it was better to pull ntp-dev-ipv6 into ntp-dev, as that way
folks who track ntp-dev will get the right changesets.  For some reason,
I figured that if I simply "blew away" ntp-dev and renamed ntp-dev-ipv6
to ntp-dev that folks who are tracking ntp-dev might have problems with
the different changeset numbers.

So I:

% cd ntp-dev
% bk pull ../ntp-dev-ipv6

and it chugs along until I see:

=================================== ERROR ====================================
File stenn@whimsy.udel.edu|ntpd/refclock_jjy.c|20010922063130|59020|eaa98de57f2e1a54
is marked as gone in this repository and therefor cannot accept updates.
The fact that you are getting updates indicates that the file is not
gone
in the other repository and could be restored in this repository.
if you want to "un-gone" the file(s) using the s.file from a remote
repository, try "bk repair <remote repository>"

FWIW, if I "diff" ntpd/refclock_jjy.c between the two repos they are
identical.

I'm hesitant to do the "bk repair" thing in ntp-dev from ntp-dev-ipv6
because "bk repair" is undocumented in:

 BitKeeper/Free version is bk-2.1.6-pre5 20020330075529 for sparc-solaris2.6
 Built by: lm@sun.bitmover.com in /tmp/bk-2.1.x-lm/src
 Built on: Sat Mar 30 00:03:46 PST 2002

but I did the "bk repair" in ntp-dev-ipv6 and by my read there was
nothing to do.

So what does anybody recommend I do to fix this situation?

Harlan