List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    [Bitkeeper-users] RE: Reverting a repository to an old date
From:       Andy Chittenden <achittenden () bluearc ! com>
Date:       2002-07-25 11:35:50

Argh! I couldn't find an unpush command so I think that you'll need to apply
a reverse patch to backout your changes, make a new ChangeSet of those and
then push that. That way the source will be the way it was before you pushed
that erroneous change: although this might seem "wrong", it is one of the
guiding principles of configuration management that changes should be
traceable. At least that way, people can see that you've applied a change
and that you've then removed it (with a reason in the ChangeSet comment).

Obviously you'll need to then reapply that patch to bring your local
repository forward to how you want it. Hope that helps.

--
Andy