List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Getting patches from the world at-large
From:       Matthew Hawkins <matt () mh ! dropbear ! id ! au>
Date:       2002-07-16 23:26:06

Harlan Stenn (Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com) wrote:
> The problem with plain send/receive is that I'll end up with a Ton of email
> messages that include the entire repo.

Perhaps this quickstart by Ted Ts'o could help with that:

http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs-hacking.html

Pay attention to the part around "This tells Bitkeeper that I already have
all of the changesets as of E2fsprogs 1.26, and it avoids having you send
me a 10 megabyte mongo-gram the first time you do a bk send"

--
Matt
"So, logically, if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch!"