List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Bk doesn't support share like VSS - Re: [Bitkeeper-users] feature from VSS
From:       Patrick_Berny () logitech ! com
Date:       2002-05-28 16:47:21

I guess clenahan refers to VSS share as linking. In short, no, bk doesn't
support that (luckily).
If you really need to share the same file in various subprojects, youll be
much better off structuring your sources in a way that it is only there
once (like in a common include directory), that your various .dsp can refer
to. Sticking to this even when working with VSS saves you some headache
down the road when you need to start making code-fix branches - I've had a
few headaches from our improper VSS usage, just in case you wondered...
This can make bringing in your sources into bk a bit of a pain, but it's
well worth it.

Hope that helps,
      Patrick