List:       bitkeeper-users
Subject:    Re: [Bitkeeper-users] Best repository structure for zig-zagging lines of development?
From:       Greg KH <greg () kroah ! com>
Date:       2002-03-14 7:07:56

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:08:08PM -0500, Chris Siebenmann wrote:

>  What is the best way to represent this in a repository structure, with
> local additions added on top? (Since I suspect my current structure of
> repositories is not ideal, I won't bother blathering on about it.)

I tried for a while to keep the -ac tree and the Linus trees together in
one repository during the mid 2.4.x time frame and quickly gave up :)

It's easier to just keep separate repositories, and send the different
people your different patches.  It's pretty easy to export a patch from
one repository and import it into another.

At least that's how I ended up doing stuff, but others might have
different opinions :)

greg k-h