List:       bitcoin-ml
Subject:    [Bitcoin-ml] CashTokens & PMv3: fixed-size inductive proofs, transaction integer compatibility
From:       Jason Dreyzehner via bitcoin-ml <bitcoin-ml () lists ! linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2021-02-05 22:26:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of research on contract-validated token solutions for
Bitcoin Cash, and I'm hoping to get some feedback on an early-draft
proposal: PMv3: A Draft v3 Transaction for Bitcoin Cash
<https://github.com/bitjson/pmv3>.

My goal is to make it possible to develop full token systems within the
existing VM system and without requiring miners to track or validate new
kinds of data.

For a high-level introduction to Bitcoin Cash contracts, covenants, and
this inductive proof strategy, please see: CashTokens: Build Decentralized
Applications on Bitcoin Cash
<https://blog.bitjson.com/hashed-witnesses-build-decentralized-applications-on-bitcoin-cash-ccc2099a3956>

.

I also recently wrote Prediction Markets on Bitcoin Cash
<https://blog.bitjson.com/prediction-markets-on-bitcoin-cash-771945c90a84>to
highlight a major use case. I named the proposal (PMv3) after this use case to
disambiguate from any other v3 transaction proposals.

Beyond enabling miner-validated and SPV-compatible tokens, I'm convinced
that a fixed-size inductive proof solution can make BCH a more efficient,
alternative platform for many applications which are otherwise being
developed for Ethereum. (Maintaining decentralized application state in
covenants seems to offer significant, long-term scaling advantages over
Ethereum's global-state strategy.)

I've tried to summarize some of the other options I've experimented with in
the Rationale section <https://github.com/bitjson/pmv3#rationale>, but I'm
hoping to expand it based on feedback or changes recommended here.

There is a discussion happening on the new Bitcoin Cash Research forum
<https://bitcoincashresearch.org/t/cashtokens-pmv3-fixed-size-inductive-proofs-transaction-integer-compatibility/265>

.

I'd appreciate any questions, comments, or feedback you have. Thanks!