List:       bitcoin-ml
Subject:    [Bitcoin-ml] Is there a need to preempt scaling issues with Bitcoin Cash/BCC now?
From:       will.madden () gmail ! com (Will M)
Date:       2017-11-13 17:50:55

I understand EC pretty well, block acceptance depth, etc.

I think we should assume worst case, that most users and miners do not proactively \
?set? a limit for EC that is different than the default, and that this could become a \
way to control scaling, by refusing to change the default that ships with one or \
multiple implementations of BCC.

If we can set the default limit that ships with all clients to something that \
increases at a predetermined rate, this will prevent future blockades to scaling.

We shouldn?t hand wave this away as a non-issue. There is a very real, longer term \
risk that this will become ?contentious? when BCC becomes the dominant \
cryptocurrency.