List:       bitcoin-dev
Subject:    [bitcoin-dev] RGB / Mimblewhimble: modularity of underlying ZK schemes
From:       abdelhamid bakhta via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev () lists ! linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2022-06-30 12:27:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,
I am wondering if there is some documentation about the modularity of the
underlying ZK schemes used to bring privacy on RGB. Specifically, seeing
that it currently uses Bulletproofs that are not Quantum Resistant, I am
wondering how hard it would be to switch to a Quantum resistant
alternative. Generally speaking, what is the design rationale for
cryptographic primitives used in the Bitcoin ecosystem?
What do people think about using ZK-Starks for some use cases like this?
Has anyone started to experiment something on that front ?
I am not sure about the most important criteria for RGB use cases between:
- proving time
- verification time
- size of proofs
- quantum resistance
- communication complexity
I am very curious about the particular choice of Bulletproofs in this
context and cannot find any useful information about it.

Thanks for your help.