List:       bitcoin-dev
Subject:    Re: [bitcoin-dev] Improving chaumian ecash and sidechains with fidelity bond federations
From:       ZmnSCPxj via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev () lists ! linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2022-05-16 11:26:38

Good morning Chris,

> I don't know yet exactly the details of how such a scheme would work,
> maybe something like each fidelity bond owner creates a key in the
> multisig scheme, and transaction fees from the sidechain or ecash server
> are divided amongst the fidelity bonds in proportion to their fidelity
> bond value.

Such a scheme would probably look a little like my old ideas about "mainstake", where \
you lock up funds on the mainchain and use that as your right to construct new \
sidechain blocks, with your share of the sideblocks proportional to the value of the \
mainstake you locked up.

Of note is that it need not operate as a sidechain or chaumian bank, anything that \
requires a federation can use this scheme as well. For instance, statechains are \
effectively federation-guarded CoinPools, and could use a similar scheme for \
selecting federation members. Smart contracts unchained can also have users be guided \
by fidelity bonds in order to select federation members.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj