List:       bitcoin-dev
Subject:    [bitcoin-dev] A BIP proposal for segwit addresses
From:       lucasontivero () gmail ! com (Lucas Ontivero)
Date:       2017-03-30 4:50:54

I don't know if i should response to this mail list or make a comment in
commit file (
https://github.com/sipa/bech32/commit/52b5a0fa6d3174c4150393fb7d6b58d34b4f5e0b#diff-d23a42e5c904045098e8f8b1189f481e
 )

* Motivation:

Here I think it could worth to mention that 58 requires mathematical
operations over big numbers. This is not very fast and most of the
programming languages don't provide support for big numbers OOB.

* Why not make an address format that is generic for all scriptPubKeys?:

I understand that if a new generic encoding format is introduced that could
lead to some confusions but what if in the future there is a new type of
address that can also be encoded with bech32? Don't we need a address type
anyway?

thx