List:       bitcoin-dev
Subject:    [bitcoin-dev] Malice Reactive Proof of Work Additions (MR POWA): Protecting Bitcoin from malicious m
From:       john () seebitcoin ! com (John Hardy)
Date:       2017-03-20 21:29:29

> Chain work currently means the expected number of sha256d evaluations needed to \
> build a chain. Given that these hash functions are not equally hard, what should \
> the new definition of chain work be?

They're not equally hard, but they can be equally relative.

If you had 4 proofs of work you can weigh them each at 25% and compare the overall \
chain weight from there, shouldn't be difficult.

Initially, some hardware would have an advantage, but over time the market will \
always average itself out.