List:       bitcoin-dev
Subject:    [bitcoin-dev] The Excessive-Block Gate: How a Bitcoin Unlimited Node Deals With Large Blocks
From:       tomz () freedommail ! ch (Tom Zander)
Date:       2016-11-27 7:47:00

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 15:35:49 CET Peter R via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Therefore, it is in the best interest of miners to all set the same block
> size limit (and reliably signal in their coinbase TX what that limit is,
> as done by Bitcoin Unlimited miners).

As a point of interest, last week I merged into Classic the same concept.
Classic will now respect the EB limit and put it in the coinbase.

>  (This actually surprised me because the only way they could lose money is
>  if some _other_ miner wasted even more money by purposely mining a
>  destined-to-be-orphaned block.)

Your surprise may come from the difference in cost vs. expected earnings of
creating a block, which is quite significant.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io