List:       bitcoin-dev
Subject:    [Bitcoin-development] 0.7.1 release
From:       jgarzik () exmulti ! com (Jeff Garzik)
Date:       2012-10-03 19:53:41

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Gavin Andresen <gavinandresen at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Add -reindex, to perform in-place reindexing of blockchain data
> files" : https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1870

Agree, though needs testing

> "P2P: Do not request blocks from peers with fewer blocks than us" :
> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1834

Agree

> "Add new RPC "lockunspent", to prevent spending of selected outputs" :
> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/1861

Agree, though sipa raised a valid issue.  lockunspent, like the
existing listunspent, is wallet based.

As raw transactions might spend outputs _not_ in the wallet,
lockunspent would miss those.

I think this is OK, because listunspent is already wallet-based, but
it should be noted.

--
Jeff Garzik
exMULTI, Inc.