List:       bird-users
Subject:    Re: One BGP session flapping but not the other
From:       Alarig Le Lay <alarig () swordarmor ! fr>
Date:       2017-12-23 15:52:07

Hi,

By digging a bit more, I found that the issue seems to be with CARP.
I found that the mastership is flapping between the routers as budic is
a bit overloaded:
Dec 22 23:42:32 nominoe kernel: carp: 4@em1.31: BACKUP -> MASTER (master timed out)
Dec 22 23:42:32 nominoe kernel: carp: 4@em1.31: MASTER -> BACKUP (more frequent advertisement received)

And, a each time the status change, the routes on the device protocol
are reinitialised (the timestamp on 'show route' changes)

For now, I forced nominoe to be the master and the session is stable
again.

Is it a known behaviour?

--
alarig