List:       bird-users
Subject:    Re: ifname in filters
From:       Alexander Velkov <alvel85 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2016-07-04 16:40:16

Hi Ondrej,

thanks for the Info!

> 'ifname' represents an interface associated with the route (i.e. one to
> which the route aims), not the iface to which the route is announced by
> RIP. When route is accepted for protocol, it is accepted for all
> interfaces of the protocol (unless split horizon applies).

yes, I saw that while debugging and that explains why the filter did not
get activated.
I also checked if the 'gw' and 'from' attributes could be used in some way,
but the values were empty IPs.

> If you want better control, you could configure two protocol instances,
> one for each interface. Such setup has some limitations and may require
> some tweaking, but should work.

I will try to configure it. Could you please elaborate what limitations you
see in this approach ?

Thanks,
Alex