List:       bird-users
Subject:    Re: OSPFv3 problem with same routes on multiple paths
From:       Ondrej Zajicek <santiago () crfreenet ! org>
Date:       2014-11-26 11:02:22

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:46:33PM +0100, Gerold Gruber wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > You probably have enabled 'ecmp' for OPSF. That does not really work
> > for IPv6 (works in BIRD but is not exported to the kernel).
> >
> Hi Ondrej,
>
> maybe I did not understand the meaning of your reply, but
> "is not exported to the kernel" reads like an issue for bird, doesn't it?

Yes, Export of IPv6 ECMP routes to Linux kernel is just not implemented
in BIRD.

> Is this an issue that will be addressed in an upcoming release?
> 1.5?

Probably not in 1.5.0 .

> Or is this a more difficult problem? Did I get you not right?

It is a bit problematic as IPv6 ECMP routes in Linux uses a different
conceptual model than IPv4 ECMP routes in Linux (which we use in BIRD for
both IPv4 and IPv6). Note that IPv6 ECMP support in Linux is a relatively
recent feature (was implemented a few years ago).

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Ondrej 'Santiago' Zajicek (email: santiago@crfreenet.org)