List:       bioconductor
Subject:    [BioC] DEseq and FDR correction
From:       Oren Schaedel <orenis1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-28 17:41:14

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the bioconducter list, and I have a question about DEseq:
Is it necessary to perform the FDR correction even though the variance is
estimated by the hierarchical model? I ask this because the values of
neighboring genes (hypothesis for the FDR) are used for the variance
estimation. Do we need to take into account these values again?

Thanks for your help

--
Oren Schaedel
Postdoctoral Fellow, Sternberg Lab.