List:       bioconductor
Subject:    Re: [BioC] Finding TSS locations
From:       Moiz Bootwalla <msbootwalla () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-27 14:13:40

Hi Tom,

Continuing with the previous code snippet, here's how you can create a named vector \
of TSS locations, where the names are the Entrez IDs.

tss.vector <- start(tss)
names(tss.vector) <- values(tss)$tx_id

That should do it. If you plan on working more with GRanges objects you should spend \
some time working through the GenomicRanges vignette. It will prove to be a great \
investment.

Regards,
Moiz

On Jun 27, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Bartlett, Thomas wrote:

> Hi Moiz,
>
> Thanks again for your help with this, and sorry if this is a stupid question(!), \
> but how do I convert the tss S4 object into, say, a named vector, or a 2-column \
> matrix, which links e.g., Entrez ID to TSS location of the corresponding gene?
> best wishes
>
> Tom

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]