List:       bioconductor
Subject:    [BioC] VSN package: vsnrma generate different values from the same
From:       Xiaokuan Wei <weixiaokuan () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-06-30 19:26:07

Dear List,

I have applied "vsnrma" commpand to an affybatch object. But for the same object, if \
I run multiple times vsnrma, it gives me different values. i.e.

dat1<-vsnrma(obj)
dat2<-vsnrma(obj)
dat3<-vsnrma(obj)

dat1,dat2,and dat3 are different. It's not just numerically marginally different, but \
rather larget different. for example, probe A, for dat1, the value is 3, dat2 is 4, \
dat3 is 5.

Could Wolfgang or someone explain this to me? Is there a way to seed a value and make \
the results same?

Thank you.

Xiaokuan

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]