List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] Bioconductor guidelines for R and Julia integration
From:       Fabricio de Almeida <fabricio_almeidasilva () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2022-03-31 16:55:16

Dear Bioc developers,

I am currently working on a package for network analysis, and one of the main \
functions takes a long time to run in real data sets. Rewriting it in Julia leads to \
a dramatic reduction in runtime, so I think it could be a feasible solution.

I know there are some guidelines for handling C and Fortran code in Bioc packages \
(https://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/), as well as for Python code \
(using {basilisk}), but I have never seen anything similar for Julia.

I know Julia code can be integrated in R with the JuliaCall package \
(https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/JuliaCall/index.html), but I don't know what \
is the standard practice in Bioc. Could anyone help me on that?

Kind regards,
Fabricio

Fabrício de Almeida Silva, MSc.

PhD student in Bioinformatics (Ghent University, Belgium)

UGent-VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology

Personal website: https://almeidasilvaf.github.io

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]