List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] Not possible to create runnable examples for package
From:       Kelsey Chetnik via Bioc-devel <bioc-devel () r-project ! org>
Date:       2021-08-10 15:48:21

I am preparing a package for submission to Bioconductor. One of the errors I got from \
running BioCheck() was "At least 80%of man pages documenting exported objects must \
have runnable examples". The way our package is constructed makes meeting this \
requirement practically impossible.

Our package is designed to create pipelines by chaining functions and saving \
intermediate results in an object. These functions are not meant to be run in small \
examples - many require a series of other functions to be run before they can be \
called. It wouldn't be possible to make the examples runnable without either large \
intermediate objects that would cause our package to exceed the size limit of 5 MB or \
long examples that could consist of 20+ lines of code. It would also be very \
complicated and difficult to maintain these examples.

Is it possible for our package to be accepted without resolving this issue if we \
provide justification for it?

Thank you,
Kelsey

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]