List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bioc-devel]  EXTERNAL: Build errors when running examples that call circlize
From:       Giulia Pais <giuliapais1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-08-03 13:53:39

Thanks, I got in contact with the developer of circlize, I'll temporarily resort to \
\dontrun until the problem is fixed. Best, Giulia

From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces@r-project.org> on behalf of Marcel Ramos \
                <marcel.ramosperez@roswellpark.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 15:50
To: bioc-devel@r-project.org <bioc-devel@r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] EXTERNAL: Build errors when running examples that call \
circlize Hi Giulia,

It seems that the issue is further down the callstack, likely in circlize.
To reproduce, you can enable _R_CHECK_LENGTH_1_* from
https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/Renviron.bioc

You might have to open an issue at https://github.com/jokergoo/circlize

Note. FWIW write temporary files using tempfile() rather than getwd().

Best regards,

Marcel

On 8/3/21 4:10 AM, Giulia Pais wrote:
> Hope somebody can help with this.
> I�ve implemented a function in the package I�m developing that uses circlize. \
> The function simply draws a basic circos plot with genomic densities, nothing \
> fancy. Even if in my local dev environment I have no build issues, the build fails \
> on all platforms when running the example in the documentation of such function, \
> here are the details of the error \
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/ISAnalytics/merida1-checksrc.html
>
> I have no clue how to fix this issue other than declare the example not runnable, \
> does anybody have suggestions on this?
> Also, I noticed that sometimes Windows builds fail due to some tests that need to \
> write temporary files on disk, should I skip such tests on Windows? Thank you
> Giulia Pais
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

---
Marcel Ramos
Bioconductor Core Team
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dept. of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Elm St. & Carlton St.
Buffalo, New York 14263

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or...{{dropped:4}}