List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] Last day to commit changes to devel 3.8 branch and update NEWS file
From:       "Shepherd, Lori" <Lori.Shepherd () RoswellPark ! org>
Date:       2018-10-22 12:25:59

The last day to commit changes to the current Bioconductor devel branch 3.8 to be \
included in the release is Monday October 29th.  We highly recommended making changes \
before this date to ensure that your package gets a daily build report and passes \
cleanly.  After this date any bug corrections will need to be applied to the \
RELEASE_3.8 and master (devel 3.9) branch.

Every release,  we collate a release announcement based on the NEWS files and new \
packages submitted.  This is last releases example

http://bioconductor.org/news/bioc_3_7_release/

If you would like your NEWS file to be included in the release 3.8 announcement, it \
must be updated by Monday October 29th and be formatted correctly.  If it is not \
updated by Monday or formatted incorrectly, it will not be included in the  release \
announcement.

We have expanded the package guidelines documentation to have some useful code to aid \
in formatting the NEWS file \
http://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/#news

If you are having any troubles or concerns please reach out on the mailing list \
bioc-devel@r-project.org.

Please see the release schedule for all upcoming deadlines

http://bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/

Thank you and thank you for your contributions to Bioconductor.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  \
If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for \
the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified \
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is \
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender \
immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.  \
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]