List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bioc-devel] R: Errors updating DaMiRseq package
From:       Martin Morgan <martin.morgan () roswellpark ! org>
Date:       2017-09-23 12:47:42

On 09/23/2017 08:44 AM, Mattia Chiesa wrote:
> Dear Nitesh,
> thank you! Now it seems to work perfectly. I will check the effect tomorrow after \
> the nighty build. Just another little question, related with my issue: I solve it \
> using
> git merge --allow-unrelated-histories upstream/master
>
> And then resolving conflicts:
>
> git add DESCRIPTION
> git commit -m "Fixed conflicts in version change"
>
> However, I didn�t delete any lines in DESCRIPTION. (between ===== and >>>>>>). Do \
> you think it would be OK?

The build system will simply check out your git repository and try to
build your package; it will fail

$ R CMD build DaMiRseq/
Bioconductor version 3.6 (BiocInstaller 1.27.4), ?biocLite for help
* checking for file 'DaMiRseq/DESCRIPTION' ...Error : file
'/home/mtmorgan/b/git/DaMiRseq/DESCRIPTION' is not in valid DCF format
  EXISTS but not correct format

Revise, build, and check your package (using Bioc-devel) locally, then
push to git.bioconductor.org (and github).

Martin