List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bioc-devel] ncdf deprecation
From:       Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba () fredhutch ! org>
Date:       2015-12-04 18:19:30

Hi Stephanie and Hervé,

ncdf has been added to the extra repos for BioC 3.2

I hesitate to add it to the extra repos for devel (3.3). If we don't add it, then we \
will start getting build errors as soon as ncdf is removed from CRAN (well actually, \
it will happen the next time we update R on the devel build machines after ncdf is \
removed, unless we uninstall it manually). IMO this is a good thing as it will alert \
maintainers that they need to make the appropriate changes to their packages.

I think it would be great for all maintainers of packages that depend on ncdf to \
start making the appropriate changes (RNetCDF or ncdf4 instead) sooner rather than \
later, in devel, then nobody will have to scramble to get this done when ncdf is \
removed from CRAN.

Thanks,
Dan