List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] XVector: block-wise compressed rda
From:       Michael Lawrence <lawrence.michael () gene ! com>
Date:       2013-12-05 14:26:58

I saw that XVector has gained direct read support for certain R
serialization formats. Since we've gone that far, what about going a step
further to support writing block-wise compressed files. Since block-wise
compression is supported by the gzip spec, the standard R parser would
still work with the new files, while we would gain something closer to
random-access. Is this already in the plans?

Michael

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]