List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] new package flowFP
From:       Wade Rogers <rogersw () mail ! med ! upenn ! edu>
Date:       2009-06-26 20:29:58

Hello Bioc Developers,

We're pleased to announce the introduction of a package flowFP, newly
available in the devel distribution of Bioconductor.  The package,
which is tightly integrated with flowCore, provides tools to transform
raw flow cytometry data into a form suitable for direct input into
conventional statistical analysis and empirical modeling software. The
approach of flowFP is to generate a description of the multivariate
probability distribution function of flow cytometry data in the form
of a "fingerprint". flowFP is computationally efficient, and able
to handle extremely large flow cytometry data sets of arbitrary
dimensionality.

We welcome your bug reports, comments and suggestions.

We're extremely grateful for the constructive criticism of the
anonymous reviewer(s) and thank them for their feedback.
Wade T. Rogers, Ph.D.
Director, Computational Biology and Research Informatics
Path BioResource
University of Pennsylvania
rogersw@mail.med.upenn.edu
267-350-9680 (o)