List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] New package announcements. XDE, GraphAlignment and mdqc
From:       Marc Carlson <mcarlson () fhcrc ! org>
Date:       2008-02-28 22:00:30

I would like to announce that we now have three new packages that have
been accepted into the 2.2 branch of bioconductor.  The new packages
have now been added to the devel branch after passing through our review
process.

In the package authors own words here is what these are about:

XDE: a Bayesian hierarchical model for cross-study analysis of
differential gene expression

GraphAlignment: Graph alignment is an extension package for the R
programming environment which provides functions for finding an
alignment between two networks based on link and node similarity scores.
(J. Berg and M. Laessig, "Cross-species analysis of biological networks
by Bayesian alignment", PNAS 103 (29), 10967-10972 (2006))

mdqc: MDQC is a multivariate quality assessment method for microarrays
based on quality control (QC) reports. The Mahalanobis distance of an
array's quality attributes is used to measure the similarity of the
quality of that array against the quality of the other arrays. Then,
arrays with unusually high distances can be flagged as potentially
low-quality.

There are many more packages in the review pipeline.  So there should be
more announcements forthcoming.

    Marc