List:       bioc-devel
Subject:    [Bioc-devel] R packages for Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry on
From:       wolski () molgen ! mpg ! de (Wolski)
Date:       2004-06-14 14:57:43

Hi BioC users!

Would like to point your attention to some packages for mass spectrometry.

mscalib           Calibration and filtering methods for peak-lists /PMF Data  (S3 \
package on CRAN) msbase           Pairwise peaklists comparison/S4, set operations on \
peaklists.   (working but still some documentation missing therefore not on \
bioconductor.) msmascot       searching PMF peak-lists against a LOCAL installation \
of the mascot 1.8.0 search server from within R. (is working but missing \
documentation) mscalib           S4 classes same as mscalib  (see above under \
development pre-alpha) and some more...

All the sources are checked in the cvs at sourceforge.
http://r4proteomics.sourceforge.net

I see that I by myself can not do all the development, documentation,
bug fixes for all this packages to get them ready for submission to bioconductor.
A lot of work, and functionality is already there. Everyone who would like to use \
them and to help in  return to prepare releases for bioconductor is welcome.

The packages (msbase,mscalib/S3, msmascot) are running.
I use them a lot, but there is of course still a lot of optimization,
refactoring necessary and the docu is missing before submitting to bioconductor.

The "build" of the packages are intended to be (in (near?) future) submitted and \
hopefully accepted at Bioconductor.

Sincerely
Eryk.

Dipl. bio-chem. Eryk Witold Wolski    @    MPI-Moleculare Genetic
Ihnestrasse 63-73 14195 Berlin       'v'
tel: 0049-30-83875219               /   \
mail: wolski@molgen.mpg.de        ---W-W----    http://www.molgen.mpg.de/~wolski