List:       binutils
Subject:    PDB file generation
From:       Tom Kacvinsky via Binutils <binutils () sourceware ! org>
Date:       2023-04-29 0:12:28

HI,

I am using binutils 2.40 as built on a MinGW-w64 system.

I am compiling a simple hello world program as follows

gcc -g -o hello hello.c -Wl,--pdb=hello.pdb

Yet when I run the resulting executable under the Visual Studio debugger,
setting a breakpoint on main, I do brak on main, but there the debugger
tells me there is no source information in the debug information.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tom