List:       binutils
Subject:    Looking for help with libbfd
From:       Rick Mann <rmann () latencyzero ! com>
Date:       2006-06-29 21:52:21

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for questions like this. If
not, I apologize, and ask that someone point me in the right
direction. Thank you.

I'm writing a debugger and want to use libbfd. I'm finding it
difficult to start, in particular because I'm not even sure how to
build it properly. My intent is to link it into my Mac OS X app
statically (eventually I'll need to make it Universal, but I'll worry
about that later).

a) For starters, I want to debug AVR (8-bit MCU) targets on a Mac OS
X host. I've configured it with this:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mmap --enable-targets=all --
enable-commonbfdlib --enable-install-libbfd --disable-nls

b) I would like to know more about NLS.

TIA,

--
Rick