List:       bind9-users
Subject:    views based on listener port?
From:       "Scott Taylor" <staylor () coloradomusic ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 23:44:56

We have bastion hosts running views to give internal/external dns info based on \
whether teh requestor is inside/outside the network. This part is runnign fine. \
However, our stealth primaries for the zones are currently running on two separate \
machines. We want to have a *single* machine running inside as a stealth master. What \
is the best way to do this? The possibilities I can see are:

I. have the stealth listening on two separate ports (53 and, say, 153) to serve \
internal info on one listener and external info on another... But it LOOKS like this \
requires me to run 2 separate instances of named defined in two separate named.conf \
files... Is there a way to define this all in a single file?

2. Assign an extra IP address at each of our bastion servers, and make them \
request-from a different address (which can be defined in a view on the stealth \
master).