List:       bind9-users
Subject:    RE: Domain name misspellings routed correctly problem
From:       JPASTORM () esade ! edu
Date:       2002-05-29 9:36:16

Hi,

Anyone knows how to solve this same problem with a Windows 2000 Advanced
Server DNS? The problem is that all three servers with active directories
have entries with the same IP address of the domain:

Example:

@       IN      SOA     ns2.psychoses.org. root.pychoses.org. (
                                     2001110103 14400 7200 0 3600 )
                                     IN          NS
ns2.psychoses.org
                                     IN          NS
ns.psychoses.org
                                     IN          MX
mail.psychoses.org
                                     IN          A
204.192.127.183
activedirectory1                     IN          A
204.192.127.183
activedirectory2                     IN          A
204.192.127.183
activedirectory3                     IN          A
204.192.127.183
www                                  IN          A
204.192.127.183

Would this configuration suppose any problem with the active directories?

PS: Sorry if this message doesn't apply strictly to the bind mailing list.

Juan Pastor
E-mail: jpastorm@esade.edu

Centro de Proceso de Datos
Fundación ESADE
Av. Pedralbes, 60-62
08034 Barcelona

Tel  +34 932806162 ext. 2562
Fax  +34 932048105

                                                                                      \

                      James Sharp                                                     \

                      <jsharp@psychose         Para:    Evan Xinos \
                <evan@bcaresearch.com>
                      s.org>                   cc:      "'Kevin Bramblett'" \
                <kbramblett@dssresearch.com>,
                      Enviado por:             <bind9-users@isc.org>, (cco: \
                J.PASTOR.M/CCNOTES)
                      bind9-users-boun         Asunto:  RE: Domain name misspellings \
                routed correctly
                      ce@isc.org               problem                                \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

                      28/05/2002 22:51                                                \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Include an A record at the beginning of the zone file...after the SOA but
before the rest of the entries for the domain.

Then both psychoses.org and www.psychoses.org resolve to 204.192.127.183