List:       bind9-users
Subject:    Re: Still unable to reply to query's
From:       Mark_Andrews () isc ! org
Date:       2002-05-21 13:40:57

> Hi
>
> me again
> concerning webfashion.be
>
> I can execute a dnsquery to the local ip number, but not via the router.
> On the router port 53 is open for UDP as wel as for TCP, but query's don't se
> em to come thru
>
> What can be the problem now ?
> How can I check for shure that the router lets UDP-packages thru ?

	Use a packet analyser and watch for the query on the inside when
	you make a query from a outside address.

	e.g.
		tcpdump -n udp and port 53 and host ... and host ...

	Note: you sometimes need to relax the tcpdump expression to see
	errors like packets from the wrong address.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@isc.org