List:       bind9-users
Subject:    Strange problem!
From:       Vartika Bhandari <vartika () cse ! iitk ! ac ! in>
Date:       2002-01-29 12:46:04

Hi!
	I am facing a very peculiar problem with bind 9. I have set it up
for both IPv4 and IPv6. It is resolving names correctly( although I am
only able to work with AAAA records....not A6). However when I do a ping
or a ping6 specifying a hostname, though the hostname is getting resolved,
I am getting 80-90% packet loss.If I repeat the ping or ping6 with Ipv4 or
Ipv6 address specified instead of hostname, I get 0% packet loss.

This seems to indicate that the packet loss is occurring due to
DNS...however why this should happen, is something I cannot understand.
Can anyone help me out with this??

Thanks in advance.

Vartika

Vartika Bhandari                           E-mail :
Senior Undergraduate (CSE)                 vartika@cse.iitk.ac.in
Room No. D209/GH                           vartika@iitk.ac.in
I.I.T Kanpur.                              vartika@acm.org