List:       bind9-users
Subject:    Re: (no subject)
From:       Doug Barton <DougB () DougBarton ! net>
Date:       2002-01-29 7:46:06

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Jeff MacDonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Bind9 on both a freebsd machine and netbsd
> machine.
>
> My question is really simple, where can i find sample config files
> to start from [bind8 defaults appear to be in /etc/named]
>
> Or do i just roll my own ? In particular i'm looking for the bind9
> equivalent of /etc/named/make-localhost    in freebsd.

	The localhost.rev file that script generates will work just fine
in bind 9. The sample named.conf file will mostly work, but it needs to be
tweaked for bind 8 OR bind 9, so you'll have to tweak it either way.

--
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
	- George W. Bush, President of the United States