List:       bind-workers
Subject:    Re: bind-users: migrating from $foo to bind
From:       Kimmo Suominen <kim () tac ! nyc ! ny ! us>
Date:       2006-11-22 21:16:07

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 12:10:51PM -0800, Steve Atkins wrote:

> tinydns supports AXFR (via axfrdns), which might be a more robust
> export path in the face of unusual RR types than grovelling through
> the tinydns format zonefile.

MyDNS supports AXFR as well, so if there is a tool for converting zone
files into DLZ's "regular" database format, that might be the easy way
to go.

... unless you have other things updating the database that only know
about the MyDNS schema.  (Which I do, and it would be interesting to run
BIND on top of the MyDNS schema.)

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--