List:       bind-users
Subject:    fixed rrset ordering - is this still a thing?
From:       Ondřej Surý <ondrej () isc ! org>
Date:       2024-02-29 21:39:53

Hey,

BIND 9 supports a fixed rrset ordering (that is keeping the order of the RRSets from \
the zone file). It has to be configured at the compile time, it takes more memory (to \
record that order) and it's a #ifdef all over the places.

So, henceforth, my question - does anyone still uses that? And if yes, what are the \
use cases?

I think BIND is the only server that actually supports this, so it doesn't feel like \
the DNS can't function without it.

Thanks,
Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej@isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel \
obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.