List:       bind-users
Subject:    Running systems for years without restart (was: I am provoked ...)
From:       Ralph Seichter via bind-users <bind-users () lists ! isc ! org>
Date:       2024-02-11 20:05:51

* Tim Daneliuk via bind-users:

> But it did "provoke" a question. Does anyone think not restarting
> *anything* for 10 years is a good idea?

This isn't really BIND-related, so a different mailing list might be
better suited for discussing the issue of ultra high availability.

If you are interested, I can recommend looking into the amazing stuff
Erlang based system can do (see https://www.erlang.org/). It includes
software updates without taking down or blocking the system. I find the
subject quite fascinating.

-Ralph