List:       bind-users
Subject:    Re: Still seeing some ALG-7 DNSSE
From:       " () lbutlr" <kremels () kreme ! com>
Date:       2021-04-12 9:46:03

> On 12 Apr 2021, at 01:12, Matthijs Mekking <matthijs@isc.org> wrote:
>

> On 11-04-2021 01:22, @lbutlr wrote:
> > On 06 Apr 2021, at 01:13, Matthijs Mekking <matthijs@isc.org> wrote:
> > > In 9.16.13, a new "dnssec-policy" option is introduced, "purge-keys". By \
> > > default the keys are retained for 90 days after their latest usage. So in that \
> > > case keys will be cleaned up automatically.
> > Excellent. Does that go in the zone record with default, or does it replace \
> > default> I don't see the syntax in the release notes.
>
> If you don't set "purge-keys" it will be retained for 90 days. Otherwise, set it \
> inside the 'dnssec-policy' you are using. In other words, If you want something \
> else, use this:
> dnssec-policy "myway" {
> purge-keys P30D;
> // other policy options
> };

I am using dnssec-policy default, not my own dnssec policy

> > Or do I add a
> > dnssec-policy "default" {
> > purge-keys 30; // (or is that field seconds?)
> > }
> > Or will that mess up the predefined for default?
>
> First, you cannot (re)configure "default" policy, it is a builtin policy.

I found that out, yes.

> You can configure a new policy and just add a single option "purge-keys". Zones \
> with that policy will act the same as the default policy except for how long to \
> retain keys.

So, I have to add a new policy to every zone? That's annoying. I was hoping to force \
the old keys to go away faster.

> The field is a ttl value or a ISO 8601 duration. So a number is treated as seconds. \
> If you want 30 days, use 30d or P30D.

Thank you, I may just wait and see what happens. Though no alg-7 files have been \
deleted yet, even for domains that are not reporting any alg-6 o dnsviz (and they are \
updated every hour) along with the lag-13 key.

--
I CAN BE ROBBED BUT NEVER DENIED, I TOLD MYSELF. WHY WORRY?  'I too
	cannot be cheated,' snapped Fate. SO I HAVE HEARD.