List:       bind-users
Subject:    Limit Wildcard Entry with RPZ?
From:       "Stelzner, Tore" <tore.stelzner () hrz ! tu-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2018-04-23 9:07:14

Hello,
a department would like to use the application Sandstorm. This application =
needs a wildcard DNS entry. But with this every hostname would get an IP ad=
dress, even such an entry as "we-dont-like-to-work-here". It seems to be po=
ssible to set a prefix to the random hostname created by Sandstorm (like "s=
andstorm-*").

And now to my questions:
- Would it be possible to limit the possible hostnames to something like "s=
andstorm-[a-z0-9]{32}.department.tu-darmstadt.de" with a RPZ rule?
- Would DNSSEC still be possible?

Even so I read a lot about RPZ in this mailinglist I never used it myself s=
o far. But I will start my investigation now.
Thank you, Tore

-- =

Tore Stelzner
Technische Universit=E4t Darmstadt, Kommunikationssysteme
Hochschulrechenzentrum, Hochschulstr. 1, 64289 Darmstadt
Tel. +49 6151 16-71037, Fax +49 6151 16-71188, http://www.hrz.tu-darmstadt.=
de