List:       bind-users
Subject:    Re: Need Help on DNS Traffic / Configuration issues
From:       Barry Margolin <barry.margolin () level3 ! com>
Date:       2003-06-30 19:09:21

In article <bdptr9$kvb$1@sf1.isc.org>, Wolf-D. Perl <perl@smk-gmbh.de> wrote:
>hi,
>
>when i set the option "recursion no", none of my internal clients can
>resolve anything.
>so i tried it with "allow-recursion internal", but that don't prevent the
>"lame server resolving", i still get a huge amount of those queries (although
>allow-query is only allowed to internal).
>
>So how can i configure the rescursion off for external?

It sounds like you already did it, assuming the "internal" ACL correctly
matches your internal addresses.

If you're still getting lots of lame delegation warnings, it must be due to
queries coming from your network.  There are lots of lame delegations out
there, especially for reverse domains; so any software that does lots of
reverse DNS lookups (like mail servers or web server log analyzers) will
cause many of these warnings.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Level(3), Woburn, MA