List:       bind-announce
Subject:    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BIND-MEMBER FORUM
From:       Paul A Vixie <Paul_Vixie () isc ! org>
Date:       2001-02-04 6:32:01

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BIND-MEMBER FORUM

LICENSING:

Q: Does this mean ISC's software will no longer be publically available?
A: NO.  ISC's software is published under a "BSD-style" license which allows
   full redistribution, in source or binary, embedded or not, modified or not,
   with or without fee.  This has not changed, and will not change, ever.

Q: Then are you effectively charging for access to patches which come out
   between major releases?
A: NO.  Patches will be distributed as before.  In fact, all access to ISC's
   software will continue as before.  The bind-members Forum adds a new class
   of access to ISC's personnel and sources, but subtracts nothing.

Q: So the bind-members Forum programme does not restrict or delay any access
   to which the industry has become accustomed?