List:       binc
Subject:    Re: [binc] Problems enabling IMAPdir (fixed)
From:       Kyle Lanclos <lanclos () ucolick ! org>
Date:       2005-01-19 18:47:11

I wrote:
> I was using os.system() instead, which appears to have preserved some
> (but not all) of the environment variables that bincimapd was looking
> for. I would have thought that if one (non-default) setting got through,
> they all would.

I figured out where my flawed assumption was. I was changing the value of
the "force ssl" configuration option, which is only used by bincimap-up;
the rest of the configuration options I was trying to twiddle were used
by bincimapd, on the other side of the checkpassword barrier. Since I was
using the wrong function call, none of those environment variables got
passed to bincimapd; the ones that were still working were the ones used
exclusively by bincimap-up.

--Kyle