List:       binarycloud-dev
Subject:    [binarycloud-dev] proposals and tickets
From:       alex black <enigma () turingstudio ! com>
Date:       2005-02-25 3:17:02

hi all,

I propose to get a little militant about proposals and tickets so we
don't lose things on the list, as follows:

	-any complex proposal must go in draft form into the wiki first
	-we can argue on the list, the _original author_ of the draft must
then modify the draft to conform to agreements made (or in the end my
benevolent dictatorial decision :), and we must all agree that what is
in the draft should be implemented.
	-at which point someone (a single person) must volunteer to "convert"
the draft into a single or set of tickets on trac and place them in the
milestone we have all previously agreed to.

NO commits are allowed under any circumstances to the repository
without an associated ticket - commit comments are not required because
the commit is linked to a ticket (commit comments are always nice,
though).

For example:

http://www.binarycloud.com/index.php/Drafts/NewConfigurationDraft

contains many things I agree with and many I _disagree_ with - so we
need to get this document (and not this mailing list) to the point
where everyone agrees to it. then and only then we can act on it.

Same goes for locale, etc. I have some "controller" ideas - but until I
put them in a draft I will keep my mouth shut :)

I want to complete the last couple very minor tickets in rc3, tag it,
release it, and proceed to rc4. Those of you watching the commit list
will note that I have made compatibility with php5 the highest priority
tickets for rc4. I believe (per experience and manuel) that it's only a
matter of changing our try catch function names and maybe a couple
other bits of cleanup.

 From now on, I've decided to be ruthless with the tickets and wiki, I
think we're spinning when we shouldn't be.

:)

_alex