List:       binarycloud-dev
Subject:    Re: [binarycloud-dev] Generating testsite data sources
From:       Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel () symetrie ! com>
Date:       2003-12-18 8:29:21

Le jeu 18/12/2003 à 01:28, Jason Hines a écrit :
> Svemir Brkic wrote:
> > What is the correct way to generate the DBs and tables used by testsite?
> > I can see where the database, user, and password are defined. I suppose
> > that is a manual step (to setup the DB and user.)
>
> There are currently 2 DB systems included in the testsite.  (Storage and
> Creole).  Both of them are configured in conf/Datasources.conf.xml.
>
> Storage tests are using entities, which are located in:
> testsite/app/testsite/edf/*
>
> (I don't know the status of the metabase-phing tools to doing the
> conversions.. I think thats on hold)

Yes, storage tools were not ported to r3 currently. It's the next thing
to be done. We just need to agree on data type handling, then we'll
adapt old edf -> metabase schema and write a new edf -> sql generation,
and probably reverse ingeneering tools too (sql -> edf).

To allow everyone to test i added a sql dump of my test data here
in testsite/app/storagetest/sql/
Beware that it's strongly recommended to configure MySQL to use INNODB
tables as default type (this means using MySQL 4). Else the multi-user
locking will not work and some data loss may occur when two users edit
the same data.
--
Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com>
Symétrie