List:       best-of-security
Subject:    BoS: IP Filter 3.0beta.
From:       Darren Reed <avalon () coombs ! anu ! edu ! au>
Date:       1995-11-10 19:38:19

After this release, I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks.
Any of you in DC this week at NS'95 feel free to hunt me down if you
have any questions about this...

Version 3.0 beta...I've changed the rev. to 3.0 to reflect the somewhat
major change in the way it is built:  no more editing makefiles, just
type "make sunos4", etc.  There are directories for objects for each of
the currently supported targets.

There are a few patches for FreeBSD/NetBSD included, some more work has
been done on Solaris 2 integration - I've got it working with multiple
network devices with more than a single instance - including rescanning
the interface list to attach/detach itself, as appropriate.

I've made another addition to the grammer: you can specify "not" (or
just "no") before any of the IP option keywords.  No new code, except
for parsing and generating the right structs needed to be written. So,
for example, the following becomes possible:

pass in on le0 proto tcp from any to any with no opt lsrr,ssrr

which requires the ABSENCE of BOTH loose & strict source routing options
for it to match a packet (in addition to the other conditions).

I haven't updated the web pages yet, this is just a "point patch", for
want of a better term, and keep people abreast of developments, whilst
I'm not around.

To grab it:

ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/firewall/ip-filter/ip_fil3.0b.tar.gz

darren