List:       berlin-widget
Subject:    Re: [Fresco-devel] Re: [Fresco-changes] Fresco/Prague/include/Prague/IPC
From:       Stefan Seefeld <stefan () fresco ! org>
Date:       2003-11-02 14:16:21

Tobias Hunger wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld <stefan@fresco.org> wrote:
>
>>I appreciate your work on this code !
>>However, some of these changes are non-trivial, and may introduce some
>>undesired sideeffects.
>>
>>As we discussed already in the past, I would much prefer such changes
>>to be discussed / reviewed on issues.fresco.org before they get checked
>>in.

> However I do not see the need to discuss bug fixes on code that had not been
> touched in month (or even years).

How does the fact that the code 'had not been touched in months' justify
a change ? I can't follow that logic.
The particular change I was replying to wasn't addressing a bug. And
if you think it was (or say, you think your code is more efficient than
the old one), *please discuss*. I'd be happy for the code to evolve, but
there is a chance that you overlooked some detail which a review will
reveal.

> As I see it my commit fixed the situation were one agent is registered for
> several fds and fixes the unregistering process.

Was there an actual bug ? What was the symptom ? 'fixing the unregistering
process' is pretty vague.

> It did only touch private
> members/vars, so it should be reasonable to assume not too many sideefffects.

yes, and I'm not suggesting that your code is incorrect. I just want the
change to be explained better. The change itself together with this fuzzy
commit log didn't tell me much about what you did or why.

Regards,
		Stefan