List:       berlin-design
Subject:    Re: Fresco site..
From:       Stefan Seefeld <seefelds () MAGELLAN ! UMontreal ! CA>
Date:       1999-04-26 20:19:22

Jim Meier wrote:

> Hi - I'm new here and trying to get up to speed. I'd like to play with Fresco for a
> while first before jumping into Berlin's code. But unfortunately, the Fresco site listed
> at www.berlin-consortium.org under links does not seem to be alive. Not to mention that
> any web search seems to indicate that the Fresco project disappeared from the face of
> the earth sometime in 1995. If anyone has or can point to a working archive, I'd be very
> grateful.

The one and only official site is at <http://www.iuk.tu-harburg.de/fresco/>. It seems
that since a couple of days it's machine is down or something. But it's definitely alive
though they are not really progressing beside fixing bugs. I never got answers on technical
questions on their mailing list. If you want the Fresco98 tarball (which doesn't contain
the wonderful documentation) drop me a line and I'll send it to you (it's around 1 Megabyte)

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal